Need Health Insurance? See if you have a Qualifying Event to Enroll
Qualifying Life Events
You may still qualify to purchase health insurance. Individuals may enroll or change a plan during a Special Enrollment Period due to one of these qualifying life events as it applies to you or your dependent’s coverage. A completed application must be submitted within 60 days following a QLE.
- Loss of access to minimum essential coverage- such as loss of employer coverage or COBRA coverage, Medicare eligibility, age (in the case of a child). You are not eligible if the loss is due to failure to pay premiums or voluntary loss of coverage. Other means by which someone could lose coverage: death, divorce, termination of employment or reduction of hours;
- Employer coverage at Renewal is unaffordable to employee(employee’s cost is more than 9.5% of income)
- Gaining or becoming a dependent- through marriage , birth, adoption, placement for adoption, or placement as a foster child
- Gaining a lawful US citizenship status
- Gaining or losing eligibility for premium tax credits and cost-sharing reductions (i.e. income changes)
- Individual Insurance policy Renewal
- Relocation (permanent move to NC or to a new county in NC) resulting in new or different QHP selection
- Enrollment errors of the Marketplace(www.healthcare.gov)
- Material contract violations by Qualified Health Plans
- You or your dependent has been released from incarceration
- Exceptional circumstances- as deemed by Dept. of Health & Human Services (HHS) (On Marketplace option and paper application off Marketplace)
- Members of specific Indian tribes (American Indian and Alaskan Natives) (QLE for ON MARKETPLACE ONLY)
Note – For on-exchange plans ONLY and changes can only be made through the Marketplace.
- May enroll in a QHP one time per month
- May change from one QHP to another one time per month
- Removing maternity coverage from an existing individual BCBSNC Grandfathered or Transitional plan
Contact Blue Store South Charlotte to Enroll 704-527-4220
WE MAKE IT EASY
There’s no need to struggle through the health insurance marketplace alone. Our agents can help you get coverage in three easy steps and our help is always free.
Step 1: Contact an Expert Agent
Our knowledgeable team of agents is awaiting your call. If you can’t speak right now, fill out a form to schedule one that works for you.
Step 2: Discuss Plans
Your agent will help you compare the different policies offered and analyze your specific situation to advise you on what you need.
Step 3: Get Coverage
We’ll finalize your policy in one phone call.
Or get a health insurance quote that fits your needs in one phone call